Are you searching for How to become a pilot After your 12th or secondary education? Then you are at the Right place. If you are planning to take a career as a pilot then you can go for a Pilot training course after the 12th standard. And if you qualified for NDA then you can also join Airforce as a pilot.
The key requirement to join or become a pilot is, that you must have done Science subjects in your 12 grade. But there are some institutes allowing other non Science students to join for the course.
The minimum Age limit to become a pilot in India is 17. If you are over this age then you can apply to a pilot training institute across India. But You have to Submit all your recent certificates and health documents to verify you are eligible for this profession.
Here we tried to bring all information you need to become a pilot like The fees you have to pay for Institutes, course duration, best training Institutes, and salary.
Who is a Pilot
The pilot is a person who is Highly trained and has gone through various kinds of training sessions to fly different types of air Crafts is known as Pilot. The pilot has to go through different types of Training to fly different types of air Crafts. Flying a passenger aircraft is different from flying a Goods Aircraft. There are different types of pilots based on what specialization they have done during their course.
- Private Pilots – The one who rides private planes and jets.
- Airline Transport pilots – One who fly normal commercial flights owned by Airline companies
- Sports Pilots – they fly Aircraft for sports. Mostly they fly in a certain range for sports shows.
- Instructor Pilots – They work under pilot training institute to train students on how to fly Aircrafts
- Airforce pilots – well-trained pilots who fly Armed Aircrafts and work under a country’s Airforce.
Eligibility Criteria to Become A pilot
To join any of the Aviation courses you must have to meet some eligibility Criteria. Let’s check them one by one.
- Your age should not be less than 17 to join
- You must have scored more than 50% Mark’s in your 10th and 12th to join the aviation course. Eligibility Marks vary between colleges.
- You must have done Your 12th in Science subjects. Varies between colleges
- You have to submit Medical certificates
Step By Steps to Become a Pilot – In India
You have to understand that there are two different pathways to becoming a pilot. Which are as follows.
This is the nonmilitary way to become a pilot in India.
To become a pilot through this pathway, you must have to obtain a commercial Pilot certificate from the directorate of the General of Civil Aviation in India.
As a commercial pilot, you can fly normal commercial flights owned by airline companies.
Here is a list of top pilot training institutes across the world.
- Flight Safety Academy
- CAE Oxford Aviation Academy
- CTC Wings
- Flying College Singapore
Airforce (Indian Defence)
If you are ready to beat the competitive Entrance exam for the Indian Airforce, then an Airforce pilot is the most suitable one for you. If you got shortlisted after the Entrance exam then the training period will take more than 3 years to complete.
Admission procedure to get on the Indian Airforce
The first step is to clear the entrance examination. If got shortlisted after the exam then you can join for training.
The entrance exam is a maths-based general ability test exam in English. Also includes questions from geography, science, physics, chemistry, and current affairs.
After the entrance, there will be 2 Interviews
- Officer intelligence test
- Psychological test
After this, you have to take an aptitude test and Medical Test.
Is Air Freight/Delivery Services A Good Career Path? – If you are interested in Airport freight/delivery-related job then it is a very good career option. You will also get the option to fly over the world
Benefits of Becoming a Pilot
- High Pay Scale
- Flexible work schedules
- Good work-life balance
- Job security